Best USC Football Chat Room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best USC Football Chat Room?

Sorry to pester my basketball community with an off-topic USC question, but I wanted some feedback on the best USC football chat room. I'm pleasantly surprised at how objective and constructive the members of this forum are, in general. Any good sites for true-fans/alum (like this one) where members aren't just screaming obscenities at each other? ...and trolls are kept in their caves where they belong?

Just want to clarify…
    1) Are you willing to pay?
    2) Are you looking more for community or for inside information?

For decades, I have always been partial to wearesc.com (ON3 network) but others prefer uscfootball.com (247 network) or Trojansports.com (Rivals).

Comment

trojandailyblog dot com is free;
      Run by John Weld & Allen Wallace

Comment

The Wallace /Weld blog is free, and a great site.

Comment

I like different boards, but I have just started going to the Trojan Daily Blog and I, too think it’s worth a look for the OP. The format is a little different, but if you’ve read the article already, just scroll to the bottom for recent posts.

There doesn’t seem to be as much chat, but (or thus) the signal to noise ratio seems very good.
          Rockazar
          Freshman
          Last edited by Rockazar; 01-13-2022, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockazar View Post
            I like different boards, but I have just started going to the Trojan Daily Blog and I, too think it’s worth a look for the OP. The format is a little different, but if you’ve read the article already, just scroll to the bottom for recent posts.

There doesn’t seem to be as much chat, but (or thus) the signal to noise ratio seems very good.
            There'll be plenty more talk in season, especially with the new staff. Allen, who used to publish Super Prep, is very knowledgeable about football and a diehard fan.

But I wouldn't look there for any informed discussion about basketball.

Comment

• Rockazar
              Rockazar
              Freshman
              Rockazar commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes sense. I jumped aboard during LR’s first week. Maybe that’s why I found it so refreshing!

I guess I’m bias but I think Gerard Martinez / Ryan Abraham 24/7 Rivals has the best up to minute: Fight On.com has all the selections

Comment

Originally posted by scvegasman View Post
              I guess I’m bias but I think Gerard Martinez / Ryan Abraham 24/7 Rivals has the best up to minute: Fight On.com has all the selections
              Agree. USCFOOTBALL.com is where I get my info. The $99 annual fee to get access to the Peristyle, Podcasts and more is worth it. And to add to that, the fee also gets you access to Paramount +.

Check it out. Totally worth the small fee.

Comment

MOJO,

I am premium on all of the USC sites and my review is that the On3 WeAreSC site has overtaken USCFootball.com as the top site. They have the best writers, opinion writers, recruiting information and if you are going to go with one site, this site is the least confrontational and the most informational. I could get into more specifics on the who's and what's but the summary is what I stated.

USCFootball.com (247Sports) I would say is second, although I find that not having Shotgun Spratling local to do the instant analysis pieces with Keely is a loss. He is one of the better writers, but unless Dan Weber keeps popping on every now and then, you don't really have opinion piece writers on that site. The posters there are the most in number and also the most confrontational in my opinion.

TrojanSports.com (Rivals) has excellent writing and interviewing by Ryan Young, but he has been a one man show and cannot keep up with the other sites on going to events to scout recruits, etc. His writing skills are probably the tops out there (along with Antonio Morales of the Athletic) and one feature there that is great is the podcasts with Max Browne, who sometimes gives detailed breakdowns of plays and offenses - it's very educational and I highly recommend it. The posters on the site are not as active as the other sites, so that is a drawback.

The Athletic is not really an open forum unless you are invited to submit questions for a mailbag by the moderators.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by SCthe1 View Post
                  MOJO,

I am premium on all of the USC sites and my review is that the On3 WeAreSC site has overtaken USCFootball.com as the top site. They have the best writers, opinion writers, recruiting information and if you are going to go with one site, this site is the least confrontational and the most informational. I could get into more specifics on the who's and what's but the summary is what I stated.

USCFootball.com (247Sports) I would say is second, although I find that not having Shotgun Spratling local to do the instant analysis pieces with Keely is a loss. He is one of the better writers, but unless Dan Weber keeps popping on every now and then, you don't really have opinion piece writers on that site. The posters there are the most in number and also the most confrontational in my opinion.

TrojanSports.com (Rivals) has excellent writing and interviewing by Ryan Young, but he has been a one man show and cannot keep up with the other sites on going to events to scout recruits, etc. His writing skills are probably the tops out there (along with Antonio Morales of the Athletic) and one feature there that is great is the podcasts with Max Browne, who sometimes gives detailed breakdowns of plays and offenses - it's very educational and I highly recommend it. The posters on the site are not as active as the other sites, so that is a drawback.

The Athletic is not really an open forum unless you are invited to submit questions for a mailbag by the moderators.

I hope this helps.

I belong to all three and spend time on all of them (along with this site, of course!) All three (I mean all four) are great in my opinion .

Comment

Working...
                  X