Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for someone who knows college rules

Two foul results last night struck me as very odd:

First, EA drew an offensive foul while USC was in the bonus (can’t remember if it was single or double). USC was awarded possession but not FTs.

Second, when Silva elbowed Chevez in the throat again they called the foul but possession went to OSU.

Are both of these scenarios outlined in the rule book? If the shot went in in the second scenario, wouldn’t that technically be an offensive foul on Silva? Were these excruciating referee errors like the stolen points from Max’s Stanford tip in?

To your first point, offensive fouls don’t result in free throws regardless of how many team fouls.

Comment

Originally posted by USCDavisWolverine View Post
      To your first point, offensive fouls don’t result in free throws regardless of how many team fouls.
      Thanks for the clarification! Hope someone can clarify the second one too. I think something seriously needs to be done about PAC-12 refs

Comment

With 3 Ref’s constantly patrolling the court how can they miss anything including distraction? Just glad we won, this team has a mindset not to let anyone come into there house and run over them especially a 3-11 squad, Excuse me!
        Attached Files
        scvegasman
        Freshman
        Last edited by scvegasman; 01-14-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trojan2011 View Post

Thanks for the clarification! Hope someone can clarify the second one too. I think something seriously needs to be done about PAC-12 refs
          They changed the 2nd call to no foul at all, which is utterly ridiculous. Pac12 refs are so horrendous.

Comment

I personally thought it should have been changed to no foul. We really didn’t get a great angle at the elbow but it looked like his elbow went high but barely made any contact to
            Chevez. Could have been a flop warning imo

Comment

The call could have gone either way; no big deal.

What they did though was call a foul, then stop the game dead to look at replays, and finally change their minds.

Whatever the result was, this is just a really bad procedure.

How often does a crew get to shut the game down--under the pretext of looking for something flagrant--hem and haw for a while in front of a video screen, then reevaluate the same play they just called and call it all over again, presumably by consensus?

Very weird.

Comment

• Trojan2011
                Trojan2011
                All-American
                Trojan2011 commented
                Editing a comment
                They did it at least three times last night. Also bullshit how they can do it for calls like that and not for Max’s tip in at Stanford.

Ok good catch, I thought what they did was call the foul, examine it as a flagrant, then keep it as a common foul. There might have been some acting on Chevez’s part but as someone who’s been kicked in the throat, you do not mess around hitting people there, and Silva did it twice. Lucas was overacting on fouls all game too (a few were called, a few were not).

Comment

I also thought the Chevez call was weird. I saw the replay and you can definitely see him throw a high elbow and make contact with Chevez' throat. How that was not a foul is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                X