Mock Draft from Sam Vecenie in The Athletic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft from Sam Vecenie in The Athletic

He has Isaiah Mobley going on the 2nd round to Golden State at 51st overall. He states that some players will be drafted above their rating do to their willingness to sign a 2-way contract.

Here's the blurb from Sam Vecenie from The Athletic:

"I would imagine Mobley is one of the players I most diverge from consensus. I buy him as an interesting, potential-guarantee guy because of the way his game could translate to what the NBA looks for from modern bigs. He’s a killer passer out of short rolls, and he can shoot, which already gives him an enormous leg up on a lot of bigs in today’s NBA. He has good defensive awareness for the most part and can slide his feet at a really high level, in addition to his 7-foot-3 wingspan. He might not have the athletic tools to play in the NBA, but I’d be willing to pay with a second-round pick to find out if he got into the 45 to 55 range. I’m something of a believer in Mobley."

Comment

If he lands in Golden State. Wow! That would be a Hugh win for him and the warriors. His game fit well there

Comment

Originally posted by BigNat1 View Post
        If he lands in Golden State. Wow! That would be a Hugh win for him and the warriors. His game fit well there
        That's what Vecenie is predicting actually:

51. Golden State Warriors (via TOR): Isaiah Mobley | 6-10 forward | 22 years old | USC

Comment

Would love to see Isaiah get drafted to a good team that knows how to develop talent. He improved by leaps and bounds every year.

Comment

Working...
          X