New 2021-22 roster posted on official site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2021-22 roster posted on official site

Here is a link to the latest roster. We can now confirm that Angel Jackson is indeed back in the fold and that Zayla Tinner is no longer with the program. There are 15 players listed on the roster and 13 scholarships used, with Jordan Sanders a non-counter due to free covid year and India Otto a non-counter as a walkon, unless she was awarded a scholarship since last season. So we may have 2 scholarship spots open and have Caldwell and Tera Reed playing their final years, so 2 more spots open up, giving Lindsay a chance to fill 4 spots next class.

Doesn’t Caldwell technically have two years left? This would be her senior year plus the free Covid year? Schools don’t have to give them another year but she retains an extra and would be up to LG to decide if she wants her I believe?

Comment

Originally posted by StopNPop View Post
      Doesn’t Caldwell technically have two years left? This would be her senior year plus the free Covid year? Schools don’t have to give them another year but she retains an extra and would be up to LG to decide if she wants her I believe?
      This could create kind of a dicey situation. Desiree seems like a great young women, but unless her play improves substantially this year, I think she needs to move on. The point guard position must be upgraded if USC is to compete with the conference's upper echelon teams. Whether Shemera Williams is the answer or they can bring in someone like Aaliyah Gayles, it will be very difficult for a former starter like Caldwell to accept a diminished role, which could damage team chemistry.

Comment

Completely agree

Comment

Aaliyah committed today!

Comment

Originally posted by Trojanjunkee View Post
            Aaliyah committed today!
            To USC? Where did you see this?

Comment

Aaliyah committed today!
              Where did you see this. Great if we got her to recommit

Comment

Aaliyah Gayles

POINT GUARD

CLASS: 2022

97 SCOUTS GRADE, ESPN 5-star

8 OVERALL RANK

3 POSITION RANK

Spring Valley HS
                Las Vegas NV

5-9 HEIGHT

ESPN PLAYER EVALUATIONS

USA Trials-May 2019: Explosively athletic lead-guard with a scorer's mentality in the back court; superb in the uptempo game, tough to contain in the open court, best in attacking the basket; super-quick off the dribble, torches defenders with 1 on 1 creativity; emerging consistent perimeter game is the key to next level impact; a speed merchant. (Olson)

Battle-in-the-boro-July 2018: Ultra-athletic lead-guard with combo-skills; explosive leaper, rebounds and attacks coast-to-coast; elusive off the dribble, tough to contain, finishes plays to the rim with results; emerging offensive game on the perimeter; oozes potential. (Olson)

Notes

Suddenlink 1st-team All-State in 2020.

Video from BALLISLIFE: https://videos.files.wordpress.com/h...707715_n-1.mp4

Comment

She's a beast but I don't think she recommit yet

Comment

Originally posted by BigNat1 View Post
                    She's a beast but I don't think she recommit yet
                    She posted this 2 days ago and many of the current WOT had reposted it. Hopefully this makes it official and is the start for another great class (bummer about Jaquez committing to UCLA).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9vlzsB...dium=copy_link

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallGradSC View Post

She posted this 2 days ago and many of the current WOT had reposted it. Hopefully this makes it official and is the start for another great class (bummer about Jaquez committing to UCLA).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9vlzsB...dium=copy_link
                      I saw the still on C. Gottlieb page on the Gram. I couldn't tell what it was or who it was at the time. That's a big recommit. Beautiful!

Comment

Aaliyah Gayles posted she’s a Trojan. Very talented PG.

https://twitter.com/isthatag3/status...402426884?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by StopNPop View Post
                          Aaliyah Gayles posted she’s a Trojan. Very talented PG.

https://twitter.com/isthatag3/status...402426884?s=21
                          Her recommiting is Hugh for the program. It also shows she really wants to be a Trojan at heart.

Comment

I interested to see what they do with Desiree, because the coaches are referring to her a the leader so will they start her as a sympathy move?

Comment

I interested to see what they do with Desiree, because the coaches are referring to her a the leader so will they start her as a sympathy move?
                              As was touched on above, this is a difficult situation. If I had to guess, I think she'll start this year and then likely move on, even though she would have one year of eligibility left at USC. Also, just because she starts games this season doesn't mean she's going to play 30 minutes a game or be in at crunch time. If Shemera Williams and some of the young guard develop, then they'll get the bulk of the minutes, but Caldwell would still remain the starter. It's a tough situation because Caldwell has been a loyal Trojan and played her heart out, but point guard is a position where USC must get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X