Weekend Outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook

I think we have a good chance of going 2-0 this weekend if we come to play and play as a team. Neither team has great size (which is a huge strength of ours) and I figured Missouri State would be the better of the two teams but top two players only average 11.0 and 11.3 per game and they shoot 17% from behind the arc as a team. Going 4-0 before heading out of the country would be a nice start!

Let’s go WOT!

Must be nice for the team to be "heading out of the country" to Cancun. I am sure some of their families will be tagging along on that one. Would be a nice trip to be on, but can't make it this year. However, next year I am planning on attending the men's bball tournament in the Bahamas over Thanksgiving. Again another nice destination for fans. I remember the best football roadtrips, outside of the ND roadtrip of course, was when we were playing at Hawaii, quite regularly. Now that was a great trip to go see a game on Oahu and then island hop to the other islands like Maui, Kauai, and The Big Island!

Comment

Mo. St. lost to Oklahoma St by 4 the other day. Colorado beat Oklahoma State by 10 a week ago at Oklahoma state. This game in sat between SC and MO St. is the one I’m most interested in. Because it will provide a basic understanding of where we stack up currently in comparison to the teams in the Pac 12

Comment

The one thing I've learned about this team is that they are coached better. More ball movement and much better defense. Even though we have moments on the court or our shots aren't falling, we are steady from a coaching perspective. I'm hearing the coaching constantly which should hopefully be one second nature as the season moves along.

Comment

Ball movement is better, principles defensively are better. Need to continue to gel and hold the kids accountable. Last night Sanders seemed like she was going through the motions and she came out some rather than just allowing her to play at a subpar level unlike the past staff. I really like rotating fresh bodies in. That game got going last night with a lot of the subs. We are also a lot better when we push the ball up the floor (which also plays into our depth) than waking it up. Our sets are kind of clunky at this point.

I’ve been hard on Caldwell and I have to give her props. Her energy was really high last night defensively and set the tone. Still can’t score, but defense like last night is very valuable to this team. So congrats to her.

if we rotate and run and continue to get better defensively, we’ll get better and better. This isn’t a mature team that will be amazing at half side execution. But we have depth and a plethora of skill sets if we’ll get out and run.

Comment

Originally posted by StopNPop View Post
            Ball movement is better, principles defensively are better. Need to continue to gel and hold the kids accountable. Last night Sanders seemed like she was going through the motions and she came out some rather than just allowing her to play at a subpar level unlike the past staff. I really like rotating fresh bodies in. That game got going last night with a lot of the subs. We are also a lot better when we push the ball up the floor (which also plays into our depth) than waking it up. Our sets are kind of clunky at this point.

I’ve been hard on Caldwell and I have to give her props. Her energy was really high last night defensively and set the tone. Still can’t score, but defense like last night is very valuable to this team. So congrats to her.

if we rotate and run and continue to get better defensively, we’ll get better and better. This isn’t a mature team that will be amazing at half side execution. But we have depth and a plethora of skill sets if we’ll get out and run.
            Not only this but our bench is actually very good. When we can bring in two McDonald's all Americans that truly play at the level in Rayah and Clarice. That doesn't include a true sharp shooter like Muira and a solid frosh point guard. Growth comes from playing but playing in the right way. We will get our share of good wins.

Comment

Missouri State apparently not playing very well per the fan board, BUTper official site and fan board I have gleaned the following:
              1) return all 5 of their primary starters
              2)finished last season 14 in Coach's Poll and 20 in AP Poll
              3) have made the last 2 Sweet 16s losing round of 16 games both years to Stanford
              4) beat Maryland by 9 last year and won first two NCAA games by 19 and 25 points
              5)over 400 D1 games started by their players. 1 5th year starter, 2 4th year starters, 2 3rd year starters plus a 19ppg transfer
              6) elite defensive team
              7) picked by ESPN to make Sweet 16 again with note they could go beyond that this year
              9 poor shooters from distance

Does not sound like we should take them for granted. Hope the Lady Bears stay in hibernation for one more game!
              ladyhoopfan
              Freshman
              Last edited by ladyhoopfan; 11-20-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X