X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOT vs Western Michigan

Starters: Jenkins, Sanders, Jackson, Caldwell, Reed

A few notes from the 1H:
    • Announcer said Pili is "day to day"; Miura makes her first appearance of the season; still no sign/note about Williams
    • Gottlieb isn't shy about bringing in freshmen early, she also isn't afraid to have White and Caldwell on the floor together. However, our 19-4 second quarter stemmed from the defensive intensity of both White & Caldwell, turning an 8 point deficit after Q1 to a 32-25 lead at the half
    • Marshall has GOOD hands and will be a mismatch (to our benefit) her whole career. I have to admit she is coming in a lot more college ready than I anticipated
    • Akunwafo is surely not going to be pushed around! She has no problem being aggressive (unfortunately got called for three 1H fouls) as she finishes well and demands the ball. A refreshing 180 from Jackson, who I think can complement Clarice well in certain situations
    • This team can run and score. No idea why we don't press and take advantage of our available bodies, size and athleticism.
    • NEED to clean up the undisciplined throwaways!
    Will update after the final buzzer.

2H Summary
    • The third quarter was similar to the first in that we allowed 3s and turnovers to allow the opponent to cut the lead
    • After a 27-21 Q3, we buckled down and only allowed 4 points in the last quarter. Consistency will be crucial to get us back to the tournament (now expanding to 68 teams)
    • Overall, a good start to the season. We are winning games that we should win and by the margin we should expect, given our talent. However, still many kinks to iron out (turnovers, defensive/tempo consistency, and REBOUNDS!)
    • Saturday vs Missouri St will be a tough early test. They are an experienced team who are well coached and know what it takes to win, 49-7 record and making it to the Sweet 16 in the last two seasons. We will need to be firing on all cylinders and play at a much higher level to avoid rude wake up calls vs Missouri St, Iowa, and expected gauntlet of the Pac 12
    • Shout out to Angel Jackson's dance moves. It's fun to see her on the floor celebrating and showing some big personality!
    For now I will enjoy our three early blowouts (27 point avg margins). FIGHT ON!
    MarshallGradSC
    Sophomore
    Last edited by MarshallGradSC; 11-18-2021, 09:04 PM.
Working...
X