Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gottlieb with the Fight on emoji - commitment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gottlieb with the Fight on emoji - commitment?

On the football side, whenever a player commits to the staff, an emoji ✌ is tweeted out. Lindsay has tweeted one out. Anyone know or want to venture a guess on who has committed?

https://twitter.com/CoachLindsayG/st...CjfzpJak7payLQ
    Last edited by SCthe1; 05-10-2022, 04:40 PM.

Last time she did we got a commit so it could be coming anyday

Comment

I believe it’s a player from overseas.

Comment

Stop n Pop is always so vague lol 😂 . Okaaaay so it’s a player from overseas… like guard forward, shooter?

Comment

Haha. I don’t like to speak on things that I can’t confirm. So I play it closer to the vest. I believe a forward type from overseas and that’s all I can confirm so far.

if I get more, I’ll share more.

Comment

Originally posted by StopNPop View Post
            Haha. I don’t like to speak on things that I can’t confirm. So I play it closer to the vest. I believe a forward type from overseas and that’s all I can confirm so far.

if I get more, I’ll share more.
            Spot on

Comment

Spot On! StopNPop! Keep it coming! Fight On!
              Are we stuck on the letter K? Kayla, Koi and Kadi! Ha!

Comment

Looks like we recently had another visitor: Taylor Bigby, former Oregon Duck. She is a 6’1 guard who was the 2x Nevada Gatorade State POY. It would be great to get some players after our pipeline of transfers to UO.

https://twitter.com/BySamGordon/stat...__4iyzhfTapTAA

Comment

Looks like the next commit will be Destiny Littleton. Coming full circle. Had committed to USC under Cynthia Cooper then decommitted when Cooper was fired. I believe this is a good pickup. Brings a champions mentality, and knows what it takes to win. Good defender and shooter.
                  https://twitter.com/dstnylttltn24/st...MmihiLi_nJWdjA
                  Last edited by Trojanjunkee; 05-14-2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Just saw on Twitter that she will be a Trojan

Comment

Littleton shot around 33% behind the arc. Solid, but not elite. She was a volume shooter in high school that dominated the ball and literally took 40+ shots in some games. She’s on her 3rd school and played only 9 minutes the last 4 games of tournament play out of a possible 160.

So I think we temper the expectations from when she was a MCDAA but realize she was on a National Championship team and can hopefully bring some of those qualities. She has a little bit of Endiya to her game that can really get going offensively but can also shoot you out of games in stretches. Hopefully she’s matured as a player and is coming to help lead and not coming to get hers. But she does also give us a physical body on the wing that could potentially play 3 spots.

Comment

Hey all,

Long time lurking, but it's been a while since I last had the chance to post. Anyway, I'm loving the crew that Gottlieb and co. are bringing to the WOT. Littleton, Williams, Love, and Sissoko are a solid team, and I hope they add a few more since we definitely need to continue bringing in depth. I was so bummed about Littleton's decision not to come to USC the first time, so hearing her name was in the mix was exciting; today's news has me feeling very optimistic about this coming year. The last decade has seen a very short bench, and I hope this signals a change. Plenty of teams could have two separate starting 5s, and I think USC can inch to that caliber someday, too. Is it likely that the WOT welcome more members to the team?

Re: Gayles, my fingers are crossed for her recovery, though I am not holding out that she'll be able to play this year. I know that some players and their friends and families read through these boards and through twitter, and I don't want to pressure her into feeling like she needs to speed through a physically and emotionally traumatic event. I'd rather her take as much time as she needs, and, if that means we don't see her till the following year, then so be it.

USC still has plenty to do to build up a tourney-bound team, but I think this is a great indication of what's to come. And, after attending the USC graduation this past week (my sister just graduated!), it was pretty clear that the university is excited for the WOT. Gottlieb actually got a shout out from one of the speakers when they credited Folt for the growth of USC athletics.

Fight On!

Comment

• SCthe1
                          SCthe1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It is definite that LG will add more players, She still has up to 4 more spots to use and we are lacking depth at pretty much every position. Nice to see you posting again Vaz!

I don't think she will fill the full roster but we'll probably add at least two more players. C. Gottlieb has brought in a very good veteran core to add to our 6 returning player's. I look for us to be a 12 to 13 player roster this year

Comment

In case anyone is curious, the player I mentioned in a previous thread from TCU that visited a few weeks ago? 6-0 G from Denmark - Okako Adika. Moved around from Odessa JC, then Butler, then TCU, and is now looking for another home.

Comment

Originally posted by socalsurf View Post
                            In case anyone is curious, the player I mentioned in a previous thread from TCU that visited a few weeks ago? 6-0 G from Denmark - Okako Adika. Moved around from Odessa JC, then Butler, then TCU, and is now looking for another home.
                            Would Adika be immediately eligible or have to sit out a season unless obtaining a waiver?

Comment

Working...
                            X