• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsay lands another transfer! TCU's second leading scorer

Okako Adika has signed with the WOT!

Story from official site:
    USC Women’s Basketball Adds Grad Transfer Okako Adika

Well a 6 ft G/F, we really need to land a big with the final roster spot! Adika averaged 10.1 ppg, 5.0 rebpg, 1.4 assists, 42.4% FGs, 37.5% 3FG (45-120), 89.9% FT - so she can shoot and rebound, but again we need a big PF/C type to complete the roster:

1. *Rayah Marshall - Soph, 6'4" F
    2. *Clarice Akunwafo - Soph, 6'6" C
    3. Alyson Miura - Sr, 5'9" G
    4. Bella Perkins - Soph, 5'9" PG
    5. *Kayla Williams - Jr (xfer UCI), 5'7" G
    6. Koi Love - RS Jr (xfer ASU), 6'0" F
    7. *Kadi Sissoko - RS Sr (xfer from Minn), 6'2" F
    8. Destiny Littleton - RS Sr (xfer from SoCar), 5'9" G
    9. Taylor Bigby - Soph (xfer ASU), 6'1" G
    10. Rokia Doumbia - Grad (xfer from Purdue), 5'9" G
    11. *Okako Adika - Grad (xfer from TCU, 6' G/F
    12. India Otto - Sr (former w/o), 5'9" G
    13. Madison Campbell - RS Jr (back surgery), 5'11" G
    14. Aaliyah Gayles - FR (recovering from gunshot wounds) , 5'9" PG
    15. OPEN

* My SWAG at possible starters, some of whom I have never seen play
    Last edited by SCthe1; 06-18-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I don’t know who will start, but they have definitely reloaded, much more talented roster than last year. I think Kadi and RAyah starting together is going to surprise people. Kadi is really good and has been training with one of the best trainers on the planet, Olin Simpliss as is Koi. Can’t wait to see how it all comes together.

Comment

Looking at Raoul’s WBB Blog on the transfer portal, there isn’t really any bigs left to get. Best available bigs left are, Josie Williams from Utah Valley and Salina Walker from Rutgers. So It is going to be Interesting to see who they pick up if anyone or they go with another guard like Taylor Chavez.

Comment

Not to be a downer, but recruiters I know stated character concerns about Adika. Time will tell, but the last thing we need is another player that’s a cancer in the locker room. I’ll stay optimistic but this wasn’t one source or opinion.

I think that lead to another question, who will be captains and leaders? We’ve had failed player leadership for several years now.

Comment

• SCthe1
            SCthe1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Then don't be a downer, we haven't even seen what this team will look like or how much of an influence Beth Burns will have on the team. Let's not judge yet.

Originally posted by StopNPop View Post
          Not to be a downer, but recruiters I know stated character concerns about Adika. Time will tell, but the last thing we need is another player that’s a cancer in the locker room. I’ll stay optimistic but this wasn’t one source or opinion.

I think that lead to another question, who will be captains and leaders? We’ve had failed player leadership for several years now.
          Taja Edwards is a new assistant at TCU. Taja Edwards coached Courtney Jaco under Cynthia Cooper and have a pretty solid relationship. Beth Burns coached with Taja under that same staff. I don’t know where you are getting your info, but I think it’s a disrespectful take on your part to say “other recruiters” as if the SC staff would be less than capable of doing their due diligence before making a decision. I would think that with the relationship that Coach T has with Beth and Courtney that they would of had a conversation about Adika before pulling the final trigger. Taja Edwards is a pretty straight up person. If there were really concerns about character I’m sure they have been addressed with the player. LG is not bringing anyone on the team who will challenge what she is trying to build. Lastly this team is in a rebuild which usually takes 3-5 years, however I think LG has done a good job in bringing in new players for next season while working on rebuilding for 24 and 25. Excited to see how next season comes together.

Comment

If you listened to LG’s
            speech yesterday at the title 1X event, I think they are going with 14 players and are done. I could be wrong, we will see. Also just want to mention the things she said as well as Mike Bohn the AD were very inspiring. It’s on you tube and here is the link for those interested

https://youtu.be/bU0h94jribY
            Last edited by Trojanjunkee; 06-24-2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCthe1 View Post
              Well a 6 ft G/F, we really need to land a big with the final roster spot! Adika averaged 10.1 ppg, 5.0 rebpg, 1.4 assists, 42.4% FGs, 37.5% 3FG (45-120), 89.9% FT - so she can shoot and rebound, but again we need a big PF/C type to complete the roster:

1. *Rayah Marshall - Soph, 6'4" F
              2. *Clarice Akunwafo - Soph, 6'6" C
              3. Alyson Miura - Sr, 5'9" G
              4. Bella Perkins - Soph, 5'9" PG
              5. *Kayla Williams - Jr (xfer UCI), 5'7" G
              6. Koi Love - RS Jr (xfer ASU), 6'0" F
              7. *Kadi Sissoko - RS Sr (xfer from Minn), 6'2" F
              8. Destiny Littleton - RS Sr (xfer from SoCar), 5'9" G
              9. Taylor Bigby - Soph (xfer ASU), 6'1" G
              10. Rokia Doumbia - Grad (xfer from Purdue), 5'9" G
              11. *Okako Adika - Grad (xfer from TCU, 6' G/F
              12. India Otto - Sr (former w/o), 5'9" G
              13. Madison Campbell - RS Jr (back surgery), 5'11" G
              14. Aaliyah Gayles - FR (recovering from gunshot wounds) , 5'9" PG
              15. OPEN

* My SWAG at possible starters, some of whom I have never seen play
              i don’t think Clarice will start.

I believe the offense will run through Raya with Clarice coming off the bench. I also believe because of who they have, they will run more of a 5 out style type of offense. My starting 5:

1 Rayah
              2 Kadi
              3.kayla
              4. Koi
              5. Toss up betweeen Destiny, Taylor, and Alyson or Okako🤷🏽‍♀️

We should see huge improvements in Raya and Clarice. Alyson has been practicing without that huge leg brace. Kadi will be better than people think so will Koi. She just didn’t fit in Arizona, because of Asia’s offense- guard first.

Either way they will be much better than last year if they can stay healthy. With decent back up play off the bench. I feel a top 6 in the PAC.
              Last edited by Trojanjunkee; 06-26-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

You have a point on Clarice, because we have no other big on the roster. If Lindsay doesn't land one before the season, we may see what you are talking about with 3 guards and 2 forward or even 4 guards.

Comment

Working...
                X